FactEngine Knowledge Language (FEKL) is a controlled natural language to define Fact-Based Models, enabling the Semantic View.
Enterprise conceptual modelling is made easy with FEKL where business rules are defined in natural language.
1. FEKL produces or documents the semantic information of knowledge graphs, and/or graph/relational database;
ER-Diagrams, Property Graph Schema and Object Role Models are generated automatically from FEKL statements.
2. Only Value Types, Entity Types, Fact Types and Internal Uniqueness Constraints are needed to form a basis database schema, and Internal/External Uniqueness Constraints create multi-column table/node uniqueness constraints/indexes;
3. FEKL can produce data for tables/nodes in a database. I.e. Can define Facts for Fact Types.
The following are valid FEKL statements:
There are many reasons why you may prefer to create a conceptual model using natural language rather than drawing diagrams. These include:
1. Capturing the business rules of your enterprise conceptual model;
2. Automatically generating model definition based on NLP (Natural Langue Processing) of a corpus of documents;
3. It can be quicker to create diagrams using natural language, rather than using a GUI (Graphical User Interface), depending on your proficiency with FEKL; and
4. Business Analysts can capture the Universe-of-Discourse, or the business domain knowledge, in natural language. I.e. Analysts use FEKL as a tool to capture business requirements.